Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Adventures - Dressing at the office - Part 1

So there I was dressed in a cute dress, pantyhose and heels going about my work business and I hear the office suite door being unlocked and I realized that it was Mr. Bob the cleaning man.  Oh sh*t!!!

Let's back up a bit.  I used to work in a small office with four other guys.  They all left promptly by 4:30pm and I typically left around 6:00pm.  Since we had a small office, I used to direct my online purchases to the office.  These purchases were 50% girl clothes & shoes and 50% computer or audio gear.  The coworkers used to give me a hard time as at least once a month something came for me.  Thankfully the FedEx guy knew us by first name and walked into our respective office to have us sign for the package.

The office that we had was in a complex that had five 1-story buildings with between 3 and 10 office suites inside each building.  There were common entrances, bathrooms, kitchen and hallways but then inside of our suite each of us had our own offices with doors as well.  It was a great office compared to these days of open concept cube farms.

I kept a box of clothes and shoes under my desk for dressing in that 4:30-6:00pm time frame.  With all the packages coming and going, I figured (hoped) that the coworkers didn't pay much attention to it.  I wonder if they ever looked in that box in the morning before I got there since they started earlier than me.  If so, they never said anything and that's fine with me.

The rest of the office building would empty out by 5:00pm.  Here and there I would walk the halls dressed up.  A few times I would unlock the back door and walk out the sidewalk to the parking lot.  That first time it was drizzling out.  I walked up to the glass door and confirmed there were no other cars in the parking lot.  I unlocked the door walked out and locked the door with my key.  I walked along the building to the parking lot shaking like crazy but thrilled beyond belief to feel the mist hitting my hosed legs.  I got to the parking lot and thankfully there was no one in sight.  I reversed course, let myself into the building and made my way back to my office.  My heart was racing and I was immediately struck with the thought, "OK, what next?  I want more!"

There were a few times that I took this one step further by throwing my guy clothes in a bag and after a walk around the hallway and ensuring the parking lot was empty except for them, I walked to my car, got in, and drove on home.  I was just as lazy back then as I am now with regard to wearing makeup, so for all these adventures, I was wearing none.  I figured for the drive home it was better that way in case I saw someone I knew along the way.  There is nothing like that feeling of freedom of driving down the road wearing a cute dress and heels.

The only hiccup with the 4:30-6:00 dressing window was the fact that Mr. Bob would come and clean the offices once a week.  If I remember correctly, it was Tuesdays and Thursdays, usually.  USUALLY!

There was that one day that I was dressed in the office minding my own business and snapping pictures with my phone propped up between a coffee mug and tape dispenser and my chair at the other end of my office so I'd fit in the frame to include my shoes.  I hate it when shoes are not in the photograph!  I do not recall specifically what I was doing exactly, but...

So there I was dressed in a cute dress, pantyhose and heels going about my work business and I hear the office suite door being unlocked and I realized that it was Mr. Bob the cleaning man.  Oh sh*t!!!  In that split second I thought, do I close my office door, lock it and yell out something to Mr. Bob to tell him to skip my office?  Wait!  My office has a closet in it, so I dart to the closet which I can barely fit into with all the old computer crap in there and quickly and quietly close the bi-fold door.  Yeah, that's the ticket, I'll wait him out in the closet.  I hear him calling out "Cleaning time..."

While I'm standing there in the closet I realize that all the lights were on, heck my computer screen probably hasn't locked or gone to sleep and my car is right outside the door.  He's gotta be wondering what is going on?  All signs point to me being there but there was no one there.  Don't mind the crossdresser hanging out in the closet - literally!  Holy smokes - I never got that irony until today writing this blog post.  Oh that's fantastic!

My heart is racing away as I am watching through the crack in the door as Mr. Bob emptied my trash and ran the vacuum through my office, turned out the light and moved to the next office.  And a few minutes later the hall lights go off and I hear him leave and lock up.  I did it, I didn't get caught.  Now how long do I wait before I leave the building to go home.  I don't want to bump into him.  I probably waited another half hour and then quickly darted to my car and left.

That was the only time I almost got caught dressing at that office complex.  The pictures I've included with this blog entry were taken at that office.

Have you ever dressed at work?

10 comments:

  1. I used to do this a lot before I found a support group and a therapist. Like you, little to no makeup, hoping the boss hadn't installed some secret video surveillance. The pink fog had clouded my judgement, for sure. I look back on that time as stupidly risky with little payoff. But I was desperate, with no other Leslie time available. Never came as close to being caught as you, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leslie Ann. It didn't feel very risky at the time but that close call with the cleaning guy reminded me quickly to be ready for anything. I hope that you are enjoying more time as you!

      Delete
  2. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Many of us have the need to dress at least part time. I am always dressed under my guy cloths, often also wearing a bra and there have been times when I have been patted on the back or shoulder that cause a little heart skip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! I've never done very much of the underdressing but I totally get that desire to have some connection with this side of you. That is really bold to wear a bra to work - and I'm sure you felt so wonderful doing so.

      Delete
  3. I can relate to your needs. I would advise you separate your cross-dressing activity from the realm of your employer.
    Speaking from a worker rights perspective, in spite of our collective misinformation, you have no rights on the job.
    You literally 'check the Constitution at the employers door. The same goes as for using your worksite as a destination for your 'sensitive' packages. Given "Murphys Law", the very package that you wish to remain sealed and discrete, will the one that get mangled in an automated sorting device, and it will be delivered anyway, for all your coworkers to 'galk and talk' about 'what was hanging outside the remains of the cardboard package'. AnonV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your very sage advice! Thankfully this never blew up in my face at work. These days with Amazon Locker, I keep the packages going to a safe harbour.

      Delete
  4. Tanya- I absolutely love this story! I've never been able to dress at work like that, but I can picture everything. Hiding in the closet reminds me of some close calls at home when workmen unexpectedly showed up, once or twice.
    hug, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. However, such a design is not suitable for desktop computer. If you will be doing your works mostly on a PC that has monitor, keyboard, mouse and CPU cabinet then you need a desk that can accommodate all these computer items. cheap home office desks

    ReplyDelete
  6. You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. Quality content is what always gets the visitors coming. Commercial Wood Doors

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Fast Forward

I have not blogged in three years.  This blog post is a short one to say that I'm still around.  I had pulled down all of my blog posts ...